Election Day Voting
Polls are open from 7:00am to 7:00pm on Election Day. Your voter information card shows the precinct and polling place for your address. If you do not have your voter information card, you can find your polling site here. You must vote in the precinct in which you live. Please make sure that we have your current address so that your name will appear in the correct precinct roster.
Florida law FS 101.043 requires that you produce both picture and signature identification prior to voting; therefore, be sure to take an approved form of identification bearing your signature and your photo identity to the polling place with you. If you do not have the required identification, you will be allowed to vote a provisional ballot. Acceptable forms of photo identification are as follows:
- Florida Drivers License
- Florida ID card issued by a State Agency
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- Student ID
- Retirement Center ID
- Public Assistance ID
- Neighborhood Association ID
- Veteran health I.D. card issued by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs
- A license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm issued pursuant to s. 790.06
- Employee I.D. card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
Santa Rosa County uses both optical scan voting machines and touch screen voting machines at all voting precincts and early voting sites. The touch screen machines are equipped with audio capabilities for any voter to use, including those with special needs.